City of Crown Point Outlines Phased Re-Opening Plan
In response to the recent closures and cancellations due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the City of Crown Point is now planning a phased re-opening plan. The plan is outlined in accordance with Governor Eric Holcomb’s Executive Orders.
City-related meetings will be held at their normally scheduled date and time unless otherwise posted; however, public access to these meetings will be accomplished by videoconferencing until further notice; please visit www.crownpoint.in.gov for all dates, times, and links to attend these meetings;
· Until Monday, June 15, 2020:
o City Hall and other city-owned buildings will remain closed to the general public.
o Meetings with City staff will be by appointment only.
o Customers making utility payments in person are asked to do so by using the drop box or walk-up window on the south side of City Hall or the drop box in the Police Department parking lot.
o Limited service for utility issues not related to payments will be conducted at walk-up window on the south side of City Hall or by phone 219-662-3235.
- All public parks will be re-opened on Sunday, May 24, 2020; City Youth Sports Leagues may resume practices only.
- Memorial Day Ceremony will take place Monday May 25, 2020, virtually on City social media platforms and City website, www.crownpoint.in.gov.
- Public rentals for City-owned facilities (to include Bulldog Park) will tentatively begin on Monday, June 1, 2020; following the Back on Track plan, such gatherings will be limited to no more than 100 people and following the CDC social distancing guidelines.
- The Crown Point Farmers Market will resume on Saturday June 6, 2020 at Bulldog Park - following the CDC social distancing guidelines.
- Bulldog Park Senior Citizen activities will tentatively open on July 5, 2020
- Crown Point Car Cruise Night to resume on Thursday July 9, 2020
Dates for the following City programs and events will be determined at a later time:
- Taste of Crown Point
- City-Wide Garage Sale
- Opening of Bulldog Park Splashpad
- Concerts and other events scheduled at Bulldog Park
“This has certainly been an unprecedented time for all of us, and while we recognize the importance of returning to a new normal, we want to ensure we are doing so safely while in accordance with guidelines from Governor Holcomb and the State of Indiana,” says Mayor David Uran. “The health and safety of our residents is a top priority, and we feel this re-opening plan reflects that.”
Per the Governor’s order, residents 65 and over and those with high-risk health conditions should remain at home whenever possible. This is the population that is most vulnerable to the coronavirus.
Effective May 18, 2020, social gatherings of 25 people may take place following the CDC social distancing guidelines. The coronavirus is often spread among groups of people who are in close contact in a confined space for an extended period of time. This limit applies to such events as wedding receptions, birthday parties, graduation parties, Mother’s Day gatherings, and others where people are in close physical contact for extended periods of time.
For more information, please contact Greg Falkowski, Chief of Staff, at 219-662-3240, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Diana Bosse, Special Events Administrator, at 219-662-3290, email at email@example.com