City trick-or-treat has been scheduled for Friday October 31st from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The following safety tips will help make your Halloween Holiday safe and fun:
1. Walk don’t run from house to house.
2. Stay on sidewalks.
3. Stop and look both ways before crossing the street.
4. Cross the street at intersections, not between parked cars.
5. Stay in familiar neighborhoods.
6. Carry a flashlight and wear bright clothing.
7. Make sure costumes do not drag on the ground.
8. Avoid wearing masks while walking from house to house.
9. Safer to be in groups when walking and trick or treating.
10. Approach only houses that have lights on.
11. Wear clothing with reflective markings or tape.
12. Wear costumes that don’t restrict your sight.
13. Wait to eat candy after you get home.
14. Parents inspect candy after returning home. Any candy opened should not be eaten.
15. Carry a cellular phone and immediately report any suspicious activity to police.
All motorist should slow down and use extra caution during trick-or-treat hours.