Give Garfield a ride and public education a lift.
Show your commitment to education
Purchasing the Indiana education license plate shows your support for Hoosier schools. Every mile you drive sends the message that you are “Committed to Education.” You’ll open doors of opportunity for Indiana students and spread the word about the value of public education.
Support your local schools
By selecting the Indiana education license plate, you are making a contribution that directly supports the public school corporation or public education foundation of your choice. Each school community will decide the best way your contribution will help support student success.
Purchase the education license plate
When you receive your vehicle registration, ask for the license plate with Garfield that reads “Committed to Education.” Your $40 contribution shows your personal commitment to education; $18.75 goes directly to the school corporation or public education foundation of your choice, $6.25 goes to the Indiana School Counselors Association and $15 covers plate administrative costs.
Order your new education plate
If your vehicle does not have an education license plate, but you want one:
- List the current license plate number for each vehicle to receive this plate on the line below.
- Include $40 for each “Committed to Education” plate you order in addition to your normal registration and excise fees.
- Return this flyer with your registration renewal form.
- Your plate(s) will be mailed to you promptly.
Renew your current education plate
If your vehicle already has an education license plate:
- The cost of your plate is included in the total on the registration renewal form.
- Pay the total amount due to reorder your special plate.
For more information and to view the form, click here.