The Valpo women’s swimming team competed on day two of three of the MVC Championships in Carbondale, Ill. on Thursday. Freshman Kenzie Conn (Celina, Ohio/Celina) moved into third position all-time at Valpo in the 100-backstroke, while the 200-medley relay team moved onto the program’s top-10 charts.
How It Happened
- Conn posted a prelim time of 58.26 in the 100-back Thursday morning to move into third in program history in the event. She recorded a time of 58.71 in the event final Thursday evening.
- DePover placed 10th in the 100-breaststroke, touching the wall in 1:05.36.
- The 200-medley relay team of Conn, DePover, Lucy Gascho (Lebanon, Ind./Lebanon) and Chiara Robinson (Castle Pines, Colo./Rock Canyon) posted a time of 1:49.12 to finish in eighth place and move into seventh place in program history in the event.
- In the 800-free relay, the team of Trinity Springer (Gurnee,Ill./Warren Township), Conn, Morgan Markley (Bluffton, Ind./Norwell) and Sophie Morelock (Milan, Mich./Milan) finished in 8:07.07.
- In the 400 IM, Morelock led the way with a 4:52.67 swim in the event final.
- Gascho posted the team’s top time in Thursday morning’s prelims in the 100-fly with a time of 1:05.76, while Springer led the way for Valpo in the 200 free prelims with a 2:00.24.
- The Brown and Gold ended the day in eighth with 95 points.
The MVC Championships conclude with the third day of competition on Friday, with prelims at 11 a.m. and event finals at 6 p.m.