Larson-Danielson celebrates company promotions

Larson-Danielson celebrates company promotions

For over 100 years, Larson-Danielson Construction has been a construction leader throughout Northwest Indiana. A large part of the company’s continued success is thanks to the dedicated efforts of its employees. 

Building a people-centered culture that highlights exceptional personnel is a key part of Larson-Danielson's mission. The company’s leadership works hard to ensure that employees are rewarded for their hard work and talent. 

One employee who was recognized and rewarded with a promotion is Clarence Gehrke. Gehrke has moved from his previous position as a project superintendent to general superintendent. 

“As the general superintendent, I help build the teams that manage our projects and self-perform work,” said Gehrke. “I also move our laborer forces from project to project as increases and decreases in labor are needed.” 

Gehrke has been a part of Larson-Danielson since 2012 and brings to the role a vast amount of expertise. 

Another recognized employee, Anthony Lara, recently moved from his role as an estimator for Larson-Danielson to the estimating manager. 

“I will be in charge of managing the day-to-day operation of Larson-Danielson’s estimating department,” said Lara.

The tasks of an estimating manager are wide and varied. 

“Day-to-day, I will review prospective projects/bid opportunities and coordinate with project and field management personnel, assigning projects to our estimators, maintaining and improving our database, and managing the department’s schedule,” said Lara. 

After joining the company in 2020, Lara quickly realized that Larson-Danielson was the place for him. 

“Larson-Danielson has been a good fit for me,” said Lara. “I get to be a part of some very interesting projects, and I work with a fantastic group of people.”

For both Lara and Gehrke, the environment at Larson-Danielson is the key to their long-term success. 

“It is nice to work for a company with such a strong sense of teamwork and commitment to fairness and honesty,” said Lara.

Gehrke agrees and sees the collaboration and growth opportunities at Larson-Danielson as the basis of their success. 

“When I joined the Larson-Danielson team 12 years ago, I wanted to be part of a company that would help me grow as a tradesman and as a manager,” said Gehrke. “Larson-Danielson has accomplished this time and again over its 100 years of business. I am grateful to be part of the team.”

Gehrke and Lara already have goals in mind for their new roles.  

“I want to do my part in helping to grow new supervisors’ skills and build our field forces to be more productive, safer, and produce a high-quality product for all of our clients,” said Gehrke.

Lara also hopes to continue Larson-Danielson’s accomplishments through relationship building. 

“I look forward to continuing the legacy Larson-Danielson has established as a leading contractor in Northwest Indiana,” said Lara. “My goal is to continue to grow Larson-Danielson’s reputation as a trusted source for building partners and community.” 

Both Gehrke and Lara see their supervisory roles as a way to support the entire Larson-Danielson team. 

To learn more about Larson-Danielson Construction and discover how you can join the L-D team, please visit ldconstruction.com.