Rainbow International provides “best practices” with integrity and the highest of standards in restoration and cleaning services. Utilizing the most advanced equipment, innovative technologies and a built-in accountability system, our professional emergency crews complete every job rapidly to assure an uncompromising commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction. Ultimately, we don’t just restore homes and businesses; we restore value, stability, and peace of mind.
Here are some tips to share with policyholders when dealing with loss as a result of water and fire:
- In the event of water damage, stay calm! Call Rainbow International®
- Make sure the water source is turned off. This will help contain the damage.
- Turn off the breaker in the damaged area before you unplug or remove any electrical devices located on the wet carpet.
- Place aluminum foil under the legs of any furniture in contact with wet carpet. This might help prevent furniture stains on your carpet.
- Lift draperies away from wet carpet.
- Pin up upholstered furniture skirts which may get wet.
- Remove books, shoes, paper goods, fabrics, potted plants, and other items which may stain wet carpet.
- DO NOT use your home vacuum, since electrical shock may result, as well as certain damage to the equipment itself.
- DO NOT place newspaper in traffic areas to walk on, since newspaper ink transfers easily to the wet carpet fibers and may result in permanent staining.
- DO NOT walk on carpet any more than necessary. This will keep the damage from spreading to unaffected areas.
Visit the Rainbow International of NWI Website
1152 Marsh Street, Suite F
Valparaiso, IN 46385
- In the event of fire or smoke damage, stay calm! Call Rainbow International.
- Inventory contents.
- Open all windows.
- Empty freezer and refrigerator completely if electricity is off.
- Prop open doors.
- Remove pets (especially birds) to clean environments.
- DO NOT attempt to wipe or wash the walls, ceilings, or other absorbent surfaces.
- DO NOT use upholstered furniture if it can be avoided.
- DO NOT use exposed food goods or canned goods that have been subject to excessive heat.
- DO NOT use TVs, stereos, or any other electrical appliances until cleaned or checked.
- DO NOT send smoked garments to an ordinary dry cleaner, because improper cleaning may set the smoke/odor.
- DO NOT turn on your heating and air conditioning system if it is not currently on.