Everyday at Opportunity Enterprises, we celebrate the achievements of individuals with challenges and disabilities. Thank you for supporting our mission with your gifts, talents, and time.
It is an exciting time at OE! We're developing social enterprises as new workplaces for our clients and additional sources of revenue to support our mission during these challenging economic times. We're launching a new mobile shredding service on April 1, to complement our facility-based SecureShred document destruction capabilities. Last fall we opened a new retail space for the Simply Amazing Market at our Evans Ave. location, and through the generosity of Burt and Maureen Langer, we acquired the Fetla's Trading Post building and property.
As we look ahead to the future, our vision is to create a community which values, appreciates, and accepts individuals of all abilities. We will:
- Make an early difference in the lives of children,
- Provide supportive job training and placement opportunities within OE social enterprises and community-based employment,
- Support the needs of adults by providing choices for enriched learning, residential living and recreational activity,
- Foster an environment of inquiry and innovation for the advancement of service quality, programs, and supporting assets, and
- Maintain efficient management and productive operations.
We're grateful for the Valparaiso community's continued support and partnership. Dine at Strongbow's this month for lunch or dinner and help OE during March! Ten percent (10%) of the total sales from the special charity menu will be donated directly back to Opportunity Enterprises to support our programs and services!
Until next time- keep your powder dry!